Friday, June 19, 2009

Frustrated. . .

Frustrated.

This is the word that dominates my aura today.

Complete and total frustration.

I'm not bitter or spiteful towards anyone, just really, really frustrated.

I don't want to name names or make anyone out to be a bad guy, because they're really not. And it's not just one person I'm frustrated with, it's more like an entire host of people, and no, it's not Jon and Kate Plus Eight. . . it's more like family. Family and friends of family. Ok. . . Family, Friends of Family and complete strangers. 

I'm frustrated, as I'm sure we have all experienced from time to time, when ideologies and life-styles collide. Imagine a collective group of people sitting in a room. Each of these people represent different ways of life; conservative, liberal, christian, athiest, etc. Everyone is getting along fine until someone wigs out or voices disapproval over someone's choices. Now, a social standard has been stated. Now the room gets a bit tense. Some people, not offended by the vocal minority, now feel inhibited because of the voiced opposition to their way of thinking, living, etc. This starts a snowball effect of perceived negativity and walking on eggshells. 

I hate that. 

I have a very generous spirit when it comes to forgiveness and people who do not believe the same as myself. I am willing to tolerate behavior by people who do not believe the same as me for the basic fact that they DON'T believe the same things as me. I can only judge them if they also submit to the authority of my beliefs. I know what my God has to say about their behavior, but if they don't believe in my God, what right do I have to impose my beliefs on them? Am I not just being the very same person I am irritated with if I do such a thing? Yes I am. This doesn't mean that I consider their beliefs equal in validity or importance than mine, because I can't do that. I chose to believe the things I believe because they made sense to me. This very reason means that I place a higher value on these beliefs because I live by them. If I chose another form of belief, I'd value them more than yours. Does that make sense? 

I said all that because I am saddened when happy occasions such as reunions, weddings, parties, etc. are ruined by people who are choosing to participate in the festivities, but they do so with a disapproving demeanor, complain under their breath, make sarcastic comments to others about the way things are going, etc. This is just idiotic. No matter how idiotic it is, I am still surrounded by people whose world views are different, but not completely, yet are still judgmental of each other. There are a few who are above such childish behavior, but they're the minority.

I could keep going, but it is really just fruitless. I'm only venting because I don't want to cause a scene. I could swim in an ocean of passive-aggressiveness right now with all the weirdness occurring around me. 

Someone, send help!

No comments: