Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ocean City, MD and the 5 Million kids

Well, there's not actually five million kids here, but it's close. There's 3,500 high schoolers in attendance at an event my band is performing at all weekend here in Ocean City, Maryland. Yesterday (Friday, March 27th) we left Chicago on a 7:25 am flight to Philadelphia, Pa and then rented a car and drove the three hour trip to Ocean City. After arriving, we set up and went to eat at this place called "The Dough Roller."

It was the worst food I've had in over a year.

After dinner we came back to the conference center and met with all the tech crew and event staff and talked through all the details of the night. Then the event started and we took our places and played our set. It's always having three thousand people singing along to your music and dancing and having a good time. I am so fortunate to do what I do. I love my life, even when I have to get up at 3:45 in the morning to fly out to a show. 

We're setup to record video and audio from the sets we do live here, and last night's footage was pretty cool. This morning we're going to play some songs and then we can chill all day. Tomorrow we'll fly home and get some sleep before I jump back into school Monday. Only four weeks left and I'll have a fat BFA in my hands. 

Yea!

No comments: